Look- I’m the first one to say that anyone who runs from the cops is guilty as sin. GUILTY! Throw the book at em!
I find it hard to believe that you are completely innocent if you have a reason to run from the cops because you ALWAYS get caught. Always. And the punishment is always worse when you run (I learned that the hard way as a child when I mouthed off to my dad one last time and then turned and ran. He caught me and spanked the bajezuz out of me!).
The news these days is riddled with cops beating people or officer involved shootings and excessive force. While I do find it hard to believe that the criminals are in any way innocent, I don’t think the cops are giving themselves a good name. Recently, the cops shot a kid who was waving a gun and shooting at officers (his parents say he was unarmed despite perfectly clear video footage- seriously?). They fired back something like 120 times. I’m sure that adrenaline is pumping so hard that they shoot til their guns are empty because it’s a kill or be killed situation, but seriously? You guys aren’t helping your reputation!
Police are supposed to be the good guys- keeping our streets safe. All anyone can focus on is police brutality because they appear to use excessive force. I’m not there (because I pull over when a black and white rolls up behind me) but it seems a bit much. They need a serious PR campaign. Good thing I used to work in PR (many moons ago) and have some ideas…
- instead of being pulled over for speeding, you are pulled over and given a reward for driving the speed limit.
- in an effort to help people, the police receive training as baristas and set up free mobile coffee carts, because caffeinated people are more sane than the decaf variety
- 800 thread count sheets in prison (While I have no clue, I am assuming that the thread count is less than 100)
- police will weed your garden for you
- instead of using excessive force, the bad guy will be wrapped in a giant bear hug until he is able to be cuffed and taken away
- handcuffs are the fuzzy ones
- the partition that separates the front seat and back seat of a police car are covered in smiley face stickers and a ‘have a nice day’ sign
- instead of officer involved shootings with real bullets, officers will smoke the suspect with laughing gas until he falls over giggling
- Police dogs will be trained to lick suspects incessantly until officers catch up
- Uniform color will change from blue, black or tan to yellow, pink and seafoam green. Who can be mad at Easter egg colors?
P.S. my appt is at 11 today. I’ll keep you posted!